Sunday, July 21, 2013

The writing on the wall

- or - the district letterhead anyway.  Yesterday, I received the good old back-to-school letter telling me when I had to start getting dressed before noon.  It is soon.  Too soon.  I really feel like this summer has gone by waaay to quickly.  I could ignore the slipping of summertime through my fingers when the school supplies at Wal-Mart came out (they do everything early, right?).  But now, I can no longer pretend not to see the elephant named Public Educator in the corner of my office because I have it in writing.  I have a lot to do to get ready for nine months of full-tilt teaching/parenting.  I will not panic, I will keep my "Unless it says Due Tomorrow, I will not Do today." attitude for a little longer (not too much longer as I don't care for school nightmares).

No comments:

Post a Comment