Friday, June 25, 2010

House, paint thyself

Don't I wish it were that easy? On Tuesday, we decided that it was the perfect time to paint the house (what better way to spend the remaining days of family vacation). Not the whole house, but the trim and porch. Easy right? Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. In order to paint the porch and trim, two things had to happen. First, I had to scrape off the paint from the previous owner (who apparantly believed that another layer of paint will fix anything), and my DH had to replace the wood on the eaves because due to weathering over time and faulty building, they had dry rot. Excellent.


You may be thinking, "Why do they choose to do these things themselves (we all read about the tiling experience)?" You and I both know that money does not grow on trees (contrary to the belief system of both of my monkeys). I am all for saving money by doing it myself (even though it's hard, and I hate it).


So, it's Friday (on our behalf, we didn't start actual work until Wednesday). We aren't finished (I'm projecting a Sunday finish, actually). But at least we will have it done and checked off the massive "to-do list." Next up? Upstairs bathroom...can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment