Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 1

Today was my first day back with students and I am amazed at how little we got accomplished. It was like in the movies when they fast forward to show elapsed time. Every task I had planned took at least twice as long as I thought (better to have too much than not enough, yes?). I guess the summer slide doesn't just refer to academics (work habits I'm looking at you).

My class is full of students who seem as though they may endear themselves to me quite quickly. I'm not quite over my class from last year, though (I found myself greeting them like long lost children today). This new crop of small friends just don't know me and I don't know them, yet. No one said, "Thanks for having me." at the end of the day. I didn't say, "We'll do it again tomorrow." Give me a week, and I'm sure I will be head over heels for this bunch, too (that's if and only if I choose more sensible shoes in the future).

No comments:

Post a Comment