Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's really hard

to discipline your child when they say something unexpected. Last night, I had tucked them both soundly into their beds and the Cubscout got up to get a drink (walk slowly to the fridge while trying to see what Mom and Dad are watching on TV/buy some time before bed, you know the routine). He went back to the room and I heard whispering (apparently, the Kindergartner was asking for the password for reentry). My DH looks at me and says, "You better go check." I got up and as I came around the corner I saw my daughter on top of my son with her mouth on his back (ala Hulk Hogan). I said, "What is going on!?" The Cubscout said, "She BIT me!" I called for backup. So we proceeded to get the story and when my DH asked, "Kinder, why did you bite your brother?" She looked at us for a minute and answered, "I was hungry." I had to leave as not to negate the lecture from Daddy by snickering. Apologies were given and beds were gotten into (again). When the DH and I debriefed in the living room he looked at me and asked, "What's it like raising a mini version of yourself?" So, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment