Monday, December 13, 2010

Very Few Things

Make me as happy as I am this morning (or last night, if you ask my DH).  My district has a delayed start policy for inclimate weather, and I love it.  I was watching the 5 o'clock news for the weather forecast and it was going to be cold, cold, cold this morning.  It never even occurred to me that we might have a late start (it's like one of those things you kind of forget about when it has been almost a year since the last one).  Then, the phone rang.  My DH answered it and I heard him say, "Who may I say is calling?  Alright colleague of my wife's, here she is."  I took the phone and she said two words, "Delayed Start."  I believe I may have said, "YES!"

After I ended the call with her, I had to call the next person on the phone tree (Creative Genius across the hall).  She answered the phone by saying, "I know, isn't it wonderful?"  We had a good laugh and even considered coming in earlier (I said considered because my house is nice and toasty and it was really cold when I put the kids on the bus for their school this morning).  So here I am drinking a cup of coffee, alone.  I will get my act together in a little bit (probably).

No comments:

Post a Comment