Thursday, November 3, 2011

Eater's Remorse

I eat because I'm stressed.  I'm stressed because I eat.  My problem (although referring to Snickers as a problem seems wrong) began a few weeks ago when my family went to our local university's Homecoming parade (my DH and I are also alumni...remind me to tell you how we met some time).  There was so. much. candy. thrown to my children.  So much.  One week later, my son had a sleepover for his birthday I made sure to have plenty of candy on hand for the bash as I wasn't the one who had to stay up with the sugar-crazed attendees (can't wait until the Clover's turn).  Why we didn't use what we had already, I'm not sure.  Then, last weekend, we had our church's fall festival.  It was amazing.  Not only did my monkeys get to pet camels and baby porcupines, but also they had a serious blast going on multiple hayrides (that's what happens when your dad is the hayride operator and you have 5 hours of festival).  Included in this festival was of course a carnival where candy and more candy were the prizes (enter the 3rd shipment of sugary sweets to my house).  Then, Monday the Cubscout and Clover had their class parties (on a Monday!?).  So we're rollin in the Tootsies.  And I can't leave it alone.  The supply is seemingly unlimited so I don't feel guilty for sneaking a candy here and there until after I eat it.  Then the "why did I do that?" sets in.  For the sake of my pants, I need to get this under control.  Plus, sooner or later the kids are going to notice that although they had a lot of chocolate, they don't now.

No comments:

Post a Comment