Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Talking me down

Let me first start by saying that I love working with my students.  Every single one of them (even when its hard).  I am proud that I, instead of just talking about making a change and adding a certification, I actually did.  That being said, it has been a tough row to hoe for me.  The nights when I cry outweigh the ones when I celebrate (by about 5:1).  My DH and I have had serious conversations about what next year holds.  On one hand I love a good challenge.  On the other I love my old school where I actually had friends and was moderately successful.  I had pretty much decided that maybe this change wasn't for me, after all.  Until I got a note that said I was truly helping my students find their voice.  It instantly reduced me to tears.  It was just what I needed to hear not only because it was encouraging, but also because it reminded me that this job is so not about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment