Monday, July 23, 2012

Some like it hot...

Some like it when the heat is on, too.  But, I'm not one of those people.  It is all I can do to make sure there are no chicken/cat/dog fatalities here on the "farm" (if one has more than 10 chickens...it counts as a farm, and we have 30 thanks to the monkeys shoving eggs back under the hens during brooding season).  Notice, I didn't mention the grass (because it has been dead for a few weeks at this point).  I was 13 in 1988 when we had a summer like this here in the Midwest, but I don't remember it.  I do remember going to the pool every single day one summer (maybe that's the summer).  This summer we can't even say, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."  I wish it was humid.  I wish my hair was a little out of control.  I wish I wasn't worried about the water table and its implications for our well.  But, I am.  There's nothing I can do but, continue to pray for rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment