Sunday, May 16, 2010

What I need

is some sun. I am beginning to feel as though I should collect some gopher wood, and figure out how big a cubic is (Sunday school reference). Actually what is happening in my yard right now are two things.

1. The parts that dry out quickly after a rain aren't dry. They are just growing. By growing, I mean soon, we are going to have to let the hay guys come and bale it after it is cut. To cut it, it is going to require the use of a John Deere (or tractor of your choice if you have a preference) which we don't own. So, I'm a little concerned.
2. The section my DH and I refer to as "Florida" (mostly because of the shape it forms and its everglade-like qualities) has standing water. I really don't want to interact with the wildlife that comes with a swampland (snakes, alligators, mosquitoes...oh yuck). But, it keeps raining. The sun is not shining. It can't dry, even a little. So, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will probably have to remove a snapping turtle from the driveway like last year and yell at the children to stay out of the tall grass because there are snakes (that keeps them out because they are like their mother).

So, here's hoping that Sunday brings sun. Maybe a little wind, too (you know, to help out with evaporation).

No comments:

Post a Comment