Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm not exactly sure

where the Cubscout got this habit, but it totally cracks me up. Every. Single. Time. You see, the boy has been trying out the use of finger quotation marks on the last word of some of the sentences he says. He may have a little bit of snark in him (and if it weren't so random, I would know for sure that he does). Here are just a few of the things he has said (I write them in my notebook, so I won't forget).

Mom, what's for "dinner"? (should I have been offended?)
I have a lot of "homework". (stuff you should have finished at school?)
I am sharing with my sister, isn't that "kind"? (it depends on what's being shared?)

It's funny because he is just doing it, and he laughs because I laugh and he has no idea why (except the one time he said going to school is "fun"...that actually was sarcasm on his part). I am sure he will figure out how to use it appropriately soon enough, lest he end up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment