Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thanks for nothing American Idol!

Every now and then I get the reminder that I am (insert ominous music here) old.  Parents never ask me, "You're the teacher?" anymore.  When I'm out in town with my own monkeys, former students greet me and introduce me to their children (I can't wait until I have the children of former students as students). 

I had another one of the unfortunate reminders tonight when watching Idol (yes, I consider myself and Idolooney).  Casey Abrams performed Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.  The contestants had to choose songs from the year they were born.  Wait, what?  My favorite song from high school is from the year you were born?  I am theoretically old enough to be your mom?  Sheesh.  Let me just go ahead and buy some Centrum Silver on the way home tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment