Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pit stop fail

During the summer months I usually can be found rocking a pair of flip-flops (if you can even "rock" them as they are just two pieces of foam).  I hate wearing socks in the summer.  There are times, however, that I become extremely cognizant of the closeness of the germs on the floor to my little piggies.  Like today.  We took a little roadtrip to a small town to our south in order to check out their camper dealership (we currently have a small pull behind, but the monkeys have to share a bed and they no longer care to be anywhere near each other at night).  We didn't find anything we liked, so we stopped for snacks, drinks and a restroom break.  I should have known I was in trouble when a whole biker gang was in the parking lot when we pulled in.  But, we were all thirsty/hungry/needing a bathroom.  The next sign of trouble was that the women's bathroom was out of order.  The Kindergartner had to go (evidenced by her wiggles), so into the men's room we went.  About the time we locked the door behind us, I told her, "Don't touch anything."  I even put my purse around my neck so I could help her better.  Just as we were washing our hands, there came a knock at the door.  I said, "Just a second."  Then we went out.  The lady in line said, "I didn't hear anyone in there, so I knocked."  I thought, "Creepy that she was listening," and said aloud "Good luck." (because she would probably need it in the restroom of horrors).  We made it out of the convenience store ok, but honestly, I put Germex on my feet when I got back in the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment