Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Full Circle

In my old building, each spring and fall there would be a ginormous purge of all things unwanted.  I personally, went through each of my cabinets and evaluated the contents.  My rule of thumb is, "If I haven't used it in two years, out it goes."  That's what works for me.  I hate to hoard.  I used to be really good at it, but moving classrooms more than a few times (I like change) really changes what you value.  I do not value basals that I used as a student (in the 80's), markers that may or may not work, or anything remotely junky.  So two years ago, I moved from the trailer court (what we called the mobiles) into the building.  I was replacing a teacher who had moved out of state.  She was not as anal as me about matchy matchy baskets in the room.  So I added many of my own and took some of old out to the free table.  In particular, a really ugly yellow stacking basket.

The teacher I am replacing in my new adventure previously was in my old building.  And apparently, she picked up things off the free table.  So yesterday, as I was filling yet another bag of trash, I came across THE YELLOW BASKET!?  Some things are just meant to be yours I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment