- I had my birthday dinner with my family. We didn't do it on my birthday because of the Cubscout's wrestling practice. My DH couldn't stay because toward the end of his workday, he injured his foot so when he got to the restaurant, he couldn't put any weight on it. I made him go home (I should have insisted on the ER).
- I took both my daughter and DH to the doctor (him for his injury sustained while playing the role of a patrolman rather than detective, her for a suspicious bite on her hand). I erred on the side of caution with the holiday weekend (aka no doctor offices are open) with her. It turned out that my DH severely sprained his ankle, but it wasn't broken.
- We took the Cubscout to his first wrestling tournament. It is an all-day deal. Weigh-ins were at 7am and wrestling started at 9am. We didn't leave until around 4:30pm. Long day. But, he got his first pin and placed 2nd in his bracket. He really enjoyed it (even though he was so, so, so, nervous before his first match). I will probably write more about how my life has become that of a wrestling mom later.
- I rang in the New Year (by rang in, I mean...fell asleep on the couch, woke up briefly, nudged my DH who'd also fallen asleep on the couch, watched the ball drop, said to my DH, "Let's go to bed, it's more comfortable," moved to the bed and fell back asleep).
- I worked on a tiny bit of paperwork (even though I said I wouldn't).
- I took the Cubscout to wrestling practice.
- I worked out with a personal trainer. K kicked my butt, and I hurt today. You know what they say, "It will hurt, but it will be worth it."
- I put my teacher hat back on. It was nice to lay it down for a while, though.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
During the course
of the last 5 days:
Written for your enjoyment by Frau M.