Thursday, January 19, 2012

I think I miss the GLE's?

Part of my job is helping the gen ed. teachers make appropriate modifications to their curriculum in order to accommodate my students.  This is the part of my job that I love.  So much of my day is spent teaching things like how to be a friend or how to listen.  When I get the chance to dig into the GLE's and help come up with a rockstar lesson, I jump at the chance (don't tell anyone, but I REALLY miss teaching content).  One of the reading teachers came to me for help with a lesson on similes.  He had a really good plan going (he used a Youtube video that had current music videos that highlights the similes).  I asked him if he'd ever heard of Crazy Like a Fox (he hadn't) so I pulled it out of one of my many, many boxes of books.  Then, I went to the best website ever for teachers who use Boardmaker (boardmakershare.com).  I found two interactive activities for the Dynavox to go with the unit.  The only thing missing was the actual delivery of the lesson (and the subsequent grading), but it was still fulfilling, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment