Thursday, May 13, 2010

What I meant

when I said that I did not want to go to work today (whining to DH last night) was that I wanted to catch up on my TV viewing. I have somehow managed to DVR all the episodes of Real Housewives of NYC and watched none of them. I did not, however, mean that I wanted to stay home with anyone who has vomited in the last 24 hours. But, what you want and what you get are sometimes two very different things. Actually most of the time they are different (funny how that works).

Unfortunately, the preschooler caught a stomach bug from the Cubscout and spilled her dinner all over the carpet around 3AM. Therefore after the preliminary cleanup, back-patting and hair holding, I made the 5:40 call to my RGP asking for a substitute. Then, proceeded to spend the day with my preschooler.

Soooo, I still have the episodes in my cache, but at least the preschooler is on the mend ("Mom, I need some more Salty Crackers"). The carpet has been Resolved, Dirt Devil Spot Shot, and Baking Soda Sprinkled. The only evidence of flu like symptoms that remains is a half-empty bottle of 7up in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment