Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It was our last ditch effort

of enjoying summer vacation today. The monkeys start a new school tomorrow, so we declared it Have as Much Fun as You Can Day. In honor of HAMFAYCD, we set off for the big city in search of the Fun. I had already decided that I would take them to the place that makes all parents cringe (Chuck E. Cheese's). I didn't tell them where we were going and this drove them crazy (the apples don't fall far from the control freak tree). The whole way they tried to guess, but never got it (the thought of going to CEC didn't enter their minds because it has only happened once before). So finally (after a little Garmin intervention) into the lot we cruised. From the backseat I could hear them whispering, "Please let it be, please let it be." I thought about tricking them because there is an Office Depot right next door. I was going to pull up there and act like, "YAY Monkeys here we are! School supply sale here we come!" But, that is mean. They cheered when we parked.


So in we went to order our cardboard with cheese and play games, games, games. It was a good time (albeit a sensory overloaded time). Then it was off to Toys R Us for one item under $10 each (nothing says fun like a new toy). We made our purchases and headed for a stop at the teacher store where I again went into sensory overload. Then it was back to the house. Both monkeys repeatedly told me that it was a super fun day (mission accomplished). I just hope this means they will be so worn out they go to sleep almost immediately (6:30 wake-up calls aren't meant for children who stay up playing until 9:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment