Saturday, September 25, 2010

How was your day?

My DH and I always ask each other that when we get home (it's been a bit iffy on the getting home for him recently. I think he worked around 75-80 hours this week). But usually, we do pause to talk to each other (I have to put away my "things we need to discuss" agenda for this). So it goes a little like this...at least recently it has...

Me: How was your day?
DH: Over now and yours?
Me: Same...over now. Anything I can do to help? Type reports? Put liquor in your lunch tomorrow?
DH: Ha. No. How about you? Need help?
Me: I have it under control (not really but how do you ask someone who is just as stressed as you for help?).

This school year is kicking my butt (and taking my name). I know I'm not the only one who feels this way (I'm also not the only one to write about it). And we teachers aren't the only public servants who feel it. I still love my job (even when it's hard and I don't want to). But, really something's got to give (and Good Lord willin', it's not my sanity).

No comments:

Post a Comment