Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 4: Civil War on Thursday

In my family there are two people who love learning everything there is to know about the Civil War.  In case you were trying to guess, it is not me nor the Clover.  As a result, I have now toured Gettysburg, Wilson's Creek, and now Fort Henry/Donnelson.  I do enjoy learning about the Civil War (actually, I enjoy learning about anything which would make me a great Phone-A-Friend if you should ever end up in the Cash Cab).  These were all major battles, and they each have a driving tour through the battleground (which we have done).  I think the thing that bothers me the most is the incredible sadness that I feel when walking around these areas.  So we stayed at the battleground until I had seen the bald eagles that all the signs were posted about (really NPS, "A fed bird is a dead bird"?) and everyone was thirsty/hungry (mostly thirsty), then stopped off at the Dairy Bee for milkshakes for lunch (on vacation, you don't have to play by the rules, unless you are talking about eagles).

No comments:

Post a Comment