Friday, January 27, 2012

Who needs snow?

The winter that wasn't has its benefits.  Like today, it is 11:56...almost noon, and I am still in my sweats.  I haven't showered.  What have I done?  Well, to be quite honest...not much (two loads of laundry, tending the chickens and catering to the Clover who is still at home sick).  Why am I still in my sweats?  Did I take another day to stay home with the littlest monkey?  No.  No I did not.  My district embeds snow make-up days into the calendar, and with the "winter" we are having, we haven't had any snowdays.  So we automatically get the days that were embedded as we come upon them.  Part of me wishes that the district would just take the days off from the end of the year, but the other part of me (the part that is lazy) is really enjoying the benefits of a day without the shoveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment